Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Camp WriMo!

My new pal and fellow indie writer, Lindsay Avalon (author of the upcoming The Nexus fantasy/romance series) mentioned to me that she was going to participate in Camp WriMo, the summertime edition of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) which begins August 1st, in the hope that the challenge of writing 50,000 words in 30 days would inspire her to complete her first novel. Being a veteran WriMo myself (the majority of Chasing Shadows was completed during the November 2010 NaNoWriMo challenge), we got to chatting about it, and I've decided to join her in the quest! 

What does this mean? It means that I am going to be focusing on finishing From the Shadows! It's always been my plan to get the second book in the Shadow Chronicles finished by he end of the year---let's see if I can do it in one month! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Ambitious! I wish you the best in your writing endeavor! Keep me posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will! I've actually got the prologue and six chapters written, but my goal with this WriMo challenge is to finish the book!

    ReplyDelete