Monday, August 6, 2012

The fickle Muse...

Here I am with time on my hands to write...and I can find no motivation to do so.

Actually, let me rephrase: I can find no motivation to actually get anything down. Writing goes on in my head all the time. For instance, I was at work the other day and daydreaming during a lull---or maybe I was on break, I forget---when the inspiration for a contemporary romance came to me out of the freakin' blue. In my head it is a great story and I plan to write it sometime, but daggone it, I'm supposed to be finalizing a short story and getting my butt in gear for Camp WriMo! I have not touched my second novel in over a week, and I'm supposed to be finishing it for the WriMo challenge!

But lo, I have done no writing of any kind, or editing, in the last day or so. Just have not felt the motivation. Where did my mojo go? I was on a roll with "From the Shadows" and I got "The Beauty in the Black Room" done in just a couple of days when it wasn't due for submission for a month. What happened to my Muse? Where is she when I really, really want her to be here?!

2 comments:

  1. My muse is a fickle bitch. We have a shared mutual disdain. It works for us. In the meantime, I can continue to provide inspiration in the form of Man Candy when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the Man Candy. I just...I really don't know where m motivation went. It's just freakin' gone. And the bitch needs to get her ass back here, I've got work to do.

    ReplyDelete