Thursday, October 17, 2013

Blog hopping!

Hello! I was invited by an author friend, Mina J. Moore , to participate in a “blog hop interview.” So let's get started!
_____

Blog Hop: What are you working on right now?
I am doing the edits for my fourth novel, Two Evils, and have started my fifth novel, Fire Loved, which is the second book in the Firehouse 343 series.

Blog Hop: How does it differ from other works in its genre? 

I don't know if it does, lol. Fire Loved centers on a firefighter whose fiancée left him just weeks before they married, and the ex-fiancée who is caught up in a mystery. They both still have deep feelings for each other, but the secret she's been keeping about why she left is what is keeping them apart.

Blog Hop: Why do you write what you do?
I believe the biggest reason I write romance (be it paranormal, suspense, etc.) and fan fiction (yep, I still do on occasion, though not so much since I started writing professionally) is because I enjoy reading these genres so much. I love to read them. I'm sure you've heard the saying "Write what you know." In my case
—and quite possibly the case of most of the writers I know, it's really "Write what you love."

Blog Hop: How does your writing process work?
I'm not sure I have an actual "process" per se. A lot of times I get an idea in my head and I just go with it. If it really grabs hold of me, then I'll make notes on the characters and plot and get started writing. If I'm in the midst of a project (like I am now!) and a new idea comes to me, I make sure to jot it down so I can come back to it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment