Sunday, January 6, 2013

New year, new goals.

I have been sadly lax on posting -- sorry 'bout that. I'm sure you can understand that with the holidays and everything, it's been pretty busy in my life. One of my furbabies, Mojo, also had a birthday a couple of days ago.

Yes, we celebrated the birthday of a dog. I strongly support the belief that pets should be treated as members of the family, and my four dogs are the only children I have right now.

Anyhoo... I hope you will all be pleased to learn that Fire Born is thisclose to being ready for publication! The book is complete, has been reviewed by an alpha reader, and is merely waiting for a cover. Actually, the cover is 90% finished, but minor complications with finances (getting the money to the right place) ensued when I went to purchase the photo of the cover model I wanted. All is well, though -- I should have the picture Tuesday evening at the earliest, but surely by the end of the week. One more read-through and it will be ready by the release date, which is January 15th. 

Speaking of release dates, I've been doing some much-needed writing for From the Shadows, which I would also like to release on the 15th. I know it's just nine days away, and that I'm really pushing it to get the book finished on time to release that day, but January 15th is pretty significant to me, and I know that if I bust my chops on this, I can finish in time. What makes January 15th so special?

Guess you'll have to stay tuned to find out! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment