Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New release: "Untold Promise" by Caitlin Hensley

Today I am once again hosting the wonderfully talented Caitlin Hensley, to help her spread the word on he latest release, Untold Promise.



Untold Promise is book two in Caitlin's The Inhuman Chronicles series. Here's the official summary:
Haily Long’s life has been turned upside down. As she struggles to make sense of her new status as teenage witch, she experiences a series of psychic dreams about a man with a knife, whose one goal seems to be butchering her on a cold metal table. On top of that crisis, eccentric British vampire Luke wants to teach Haily witchcraft, her boyfriend Nathan is acting weird, and her annoying housemate Jake is acting weirder. Also, it seems very possible that Haily is seeing dead people. Secrets are uncovered, friendships are betrayed, and the psycho with the knife is closing in for the kill. It’s up to Haily to decipher her visions before it’s too late…

And now, Caitlin happily answers some questions for us!

When did you first get started writing? When I was very young, I scribbled on sheets of notebook paper and called it writing. So I’ve been a writer for almost all of my life, really. But it was only recently that I really got serious about it and decided to start publishing.

What genres have you written so far? Fantasy, paranormal, post-apocalyptic, and paranormal mystery.

For you, what’s the hardest part of writing? Sometimes writing the ending of a book can be tricky. I don’t want it to be too cheesy, so I really work to make sure it’s as perfect as possible.

Do you ever base characters on yourself or people you know? Not usually, no. But sometimes I take the first and last names of people I know and blend them together to create names for my characters.

Did you have to travel much for your latest work? Only in my imagination. :)

If you had to choose, who would you consider a mentor? I took a writing class a few years ago that was taught by a local author, and she was such an inspiration to me and the rest of the class. I think that if I had to choose, I’d pick her to be my mentor.

Your favorite genre to read? I love just about everything YA, actually.

What do you do when you’re not writing? Read, clog (which is a type of dancing, by the way), take care of my dog, watch TV, spend time with my family, hang out with friends. Never a dull moment for me!

What’s the title of your latest book? Untold Promise. It’s book two of The Inhuman Chronicles.

What genre does Untold Promise fit into? Paranormal fantasy with a touch of romance.

Can you share an excerpt with us? Okay, sure. Here’s a snippet from chapter twenty-one:

I shake my head, struggling to a sitting position. Blood thunders behind my forehead. “I think something’s wrong.”

Nathan tenses. “Like what?”

“Everything just feels wrong. I can’t explain it.” I carefully pick up the pendant and caucus charm by their chains and stuff them in a pocket. Through the fabric of my jeans, the pendant still blazes with warmth.

“Maybe it was just a—” He breaks off, raising his head. His eyes lift to the door.

“What’s going on?” I ask, a bad feeling twisting my stomach.

Before he can reply, the door to the office bursts inward with a splintering crash, slamming into the wall behind it. I stumble to my feet. Nathan swears colorfully, and I echo him inside my mind.

In the doorway stands a figure clothed in black leather, from his boots all the way to the mask-hood covering his face and hair. And he’s holding Tera with her arms pinned behind her back.


Are you working on any other books right now? At the moment, I’m working on edits for a book that takes place after a nuclear war. I also have several other finished books that I plan to polish up for publishing sometime in the near future.

Where can people go to find information about your books? Blog // Facebook // Goodreads // Amazon Author Page


Of course, I gotta tell you a little bit about Caitlin herself...



Caitlin Hensley has been telling stories since she learned to hold a pen, and is pretty much obsessed with writing. She’s the author of The Inhuman Chronicles, as well as the novelette Together Alone. When not typing frantically on her laptop, she’s usually dancing, catching up on reruns of her favorite TV shows, or getting lost in a great book. She lives with her family and a slightly nutty Chihuahua in rural Oklahoma, where she often stands outside watching the clouds for signs of tornadoes that might veer her way.

~*~

Now that you know all about this amazing book, don't you just want to go out and buy a copy?! Head on over to Amazon to get yours! 

I want to buy Untold Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment