Monday, November 26, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop!

Here I go again! I'm taking part in a blog hop, and this time it's The Next Big Thing! I've done this before, back in September, and then I talked about the second novel in the Shadow Chronicles. This time around I'm going to introduce you to my NaNoWriMo project, Fire Born (first book in the Firehouse 343 series).


What is the working title of your book? Fire Born

Where did the idea come from for the book? The idea for this book, honestly, came from a picture posted on Facebook. Someone I used to be friends with put up this picture: 



Her comment when doing so was something along the lines of "These guys could inspire a whole imprint", and from that one statement (and the picture of hot, half-naked firefighters!), I began developing ideas for a series featuring firefighters.

What genre does your book fall under? Romantic suspense

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Chris Paytah - Chaske Spencer
Martie Liotta - Caterina Murino
Logan Kilbride - Justin Hartley
Curtis Edmonds - Boris Kodjoe
Karalyn Maynard - Nikki Reed
(there are about a dozen other characters that will appear in later stories)

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? "Fire is known for its power of destruction... but it can also create powerful bonds."

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Self-published under my own imprint, Black Room Press

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? I'm still writing it. I've reached a little over 34,000 words, and because it's a project I started for National Novel Writing Month, I am hoping to reach 50K in the next few days. My unpredictable work schedule has unfortunately interfered with my creativity.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? I can't really compare as I've read very few books featuring firefighters.

Who or What inspired you to write this book? I've kind of already answered this one, with my response to where the idea came from. But further inspiration comes from all the friends and fellow authors who continually encourage me, reminding me that I've got talent and I can do this.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? Hopefully the sexy firefighters pull them in and the mystery keeps them reading!
_____

Check out these other great writers as part of the blog hop: Kristine CayneSarah M. Ross,  Bonnie Lea ElliottDana DelamarAmy Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment